Greg Scown is the co-founder of Smile Software. Smile specializes in making productivity tools that save time and make your digital life easier.
Greg came on Able Business Radio to talk about Smile’s popular writing automation tool TextExpander.
TextExpander is one of my favorite applications. The software has transformed how accurately and fast I am able to communicate in writing. It does this by allowing me to save common:
- email responses
- file naming conventions
and more into a knowledge base. I then pull on that knowledge base by typing in keyboard shortcuts (that I create).
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What TextExpander is and how to get started.
- What type of programs TextExpander works in. (hint: everywhere)
- How to take advantage of thinking you’ve already done.
- How to iterate and create amazing, repeatable customer support responses.
- The difference between the standalone app and the subscription service.
- How to keep your TextExpander snippets up to date.
Links and resources mention:
- Predecessors to TextExpander:
- Mac Power User Podcast
- Getting Started with TextExpander Video Tutorials
- Buy TextExpander
Connect with Greg:
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure.
The shownotes can be found at zacharysexton.com/10
Here are 16 more tools that are (almost) as cool as TextExpander: