What would a perfect year look like for you? Mentally? Physically? Spiritually? With your finances?
Devin Ambron put on a workshop this December to help Austin entrepreneurs build, plan and live their best year. We go over some of the strategies he used to help attendees kick butt in 2018. Including:
- reflecting on the past
- understanding the present
- looking toward the future
One exercise that will help you understand your past, present and future is discovering your productivity personality type. Devin’s 4-part framework helped me understand why I love lists and reminders but have a hard time scheduling work for a specific time.
If you’ve ever felt like traditional time management books don’t work for you, you’ll definitely want to tune in.
We cut right into the conversation. Enjoy!
In this episode we cover:
- 4 Productivity personality types and tips for succeeding with all of them.
- Why most time management books don’t work. (Hint: They are only written for 1 personality type.)
- How advice from the ADHD literature can help you keep your focus.
- “Productivity advice only works for calendar worshipers. They live and die by the calendar.”
- “I build beautiful plans… and then don’t execute them.”
- “Authenticity and flexibility don’t get enough love.”
Links and resources mention:
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- How to Choose Your Next Big Goal w/ The Wheel of Live – ABR042
- Link to wheel of life image and article
- The Productivity Project by Chris Bailey
- Work The System by Sam Carpenter
- HBR Guide To Being More Productive
- HBR Guide To Getting The Right Work Done
- HBR Guide To Guide To Managing Stress
- Strengths Finder 2.0
- DISC Personalities w/ Mads Singers – ABR020
- Color Coding Your Week w/ Kendra Wright -ABR019
- Zack’s Clean Slate Group Coaching
- Principles by Ray Dalio
- Wait But Why on Artificial Intelligence
- The Five Secrets You Must Discover Before You Die
- If Then Then That (IFTTT)
Image of Wheel of Life
4 Productivity Personality Types
Connect with Zack and Devin:
- Guest Twitter: @dambron
- Guest Website: devinambron.com
- Zack’s Twitter: @zwsexton
- Zack’s LinkedIn: @ZacharySexton
- Leave iTunes Review: zacharysexton.com/review
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure.
The shownotes can be found at zacharysexton.com/45