You want to take your paper and turn it into electronic documents. You also want to be able to find those electronic documents when you need them. And it would be nice if those electronic documents are backed up and secure.
How do you do that?
In this jam-packed episode, paperless expert Brooks Duncan shows us the three-part system needed to get your paperless system going. Brooks also shares the software and hardware you will need to find success with your paperless goals.
In this episode we cover:
- Reasons why you may want to reduce the amount of paper in your life.
- How to choose a scanner that fits your needs.
- How to start going paperless. (hint: avoid scanning boxes of old paper first)
- Best way to organize your digital documents once they are scanned.
- Costs and benefits of batch scanning.
- Why you should name files and documents for ‘future you.’
- What you need to do to protect your digital life.
Quotables:When going paperless, my goal was to get rid of the paper I didn't need. Now my goal is to be able to access my information quickly. Click To Tweet
Links and resources mention:
- Organizing Solutions for People with ADHD by Susan Pinsky
- Smart Phone App Scanners:
- Portable Two Sided Scanners:
- Home Office Scanner:
- Fujitsu xi500 – A desktop scanner that works on both Mac and Windows and has wireless scanning capabilities. It scans 25 pages per minute and can hold 50 sheets of paper at once.
- $10 Going Paperless With Hazel Webinar
- Brett Kelly, name for future self.
- Off site Backup:
- External HardDrive:
- Cloud Backup:
- Encrypt Your Computer’s HardDrive:
Connect with Brooks:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/documentsnap/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/brooksduncan
- Website: http://www.documentsnap.com/
- Free going paperless cheat sheet over at DocumentSnap.com.
Paperless Cheat Sheet!
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure.
The shownotes can be found at zacharysexton.com/13