John Corcoran is an expert at strategically managing the relationships that make a difference in your business.
He believes sharing:
- your connections
- free, helpful content (podcasts, blog posts, videos)
are the two best way to grow a network of people who want to support you and your venture.
Service-based entrepreneurs listen up, this might be the best marketing advice you’ve heard all year!
This podcast will show you how to start helping others in a way that will also drive your own success.
In this episode we cover:
- How to do an 80/20 analysis of your network.
- Why tracking your lead sources is vital for effective networking. (Hint: Ask all prospects, “How did you hear about me?”)
- How to use interviews as a way to connect with high-level mentors, partners and clients.
- How to get Rob Lowe to play you on TV.
- “It’s good to be helpful. You never know what might come of it.”
- “If you can’t get $600 out of your CRM [in a year], you are just not using it.”
Links and resources mention:
- Love Is The Killer App by Tim Sanders
- Smart Business Revolution podcast
- Video Interview w/ Michael E Gerber
- ABR #12 Why Most Small Businesses Fail and What To Do About It w/ Michael E Gerber
- Contactually (affiliate link) – Strengthen your professional relationships and grow your business by following up with the right people at the right time.
- ABR #41 How To Generate More Revenue w/ Contactually
- ABR #13 How To Go Paperless w/ Brooks Duncan
- Ryan Clover – website creator for service-based entrepreneurs.
- Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success by Adam Grant
- Asana + Slack (to stay out of email!)
Connect with Zack and John:
- John’s LinkedIn: /in/Corcoran
- John’s Twitter: @johncorcoran
- John’s Website: smartbusinessrevolution.com
- John’s Podcast: smartbusinessrevolution.com/category/podcasts/
- Zack’s Twitter: @zwsexton
- Zack’s LinkedIn: /in/ZacharySexton
- Leave iTunes Review: zacharysexton.com/review
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure.
The shownotes can be found at zacharysexton.com/47