My good friend Stephen Warley and I discuss how to create a community to support your life and business goals. We recorded this episode just shy of a year ago and his words ring even more true today after my first year of self-employment.
By listening, you will learn:
- How to build a community that wants to support you.
- The three type of people you need in your community.
- What a reverse mentor is and how they can help you succeed in business
- “Don’t network. Make friends.”
Links and resources mentioned:
- 10 Life Skills That Matter article
- Tell your story
- Purge your life
- Practice self-awareness
- Build a community
- Self-direct your learning
- Align your habits
- Reframe your mindset
- Plan your actions
- Embrace discomfort
- Manager your energy
- Free Life Skill Challenge Series
- Stephen’s Seth Godin Interview
- 1Password Podcast
Connect with Zack and Stephen:
- Stephen’s Website: lifeskillsthatmatter.com
- Stephen’s Podcast: lifeskillsthatmatter.com/podcast
- Zack’s Twitter: @zwsexton
- Zack’s LinkedIn: ZacharySexton
- Leave iTunes Review: zacharysexton.com/review
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure.
The shownotes can be found at zacharysexton.com/how-to-build-community