To efficiently batch cook a delicious, high protein breakfast for the week.
- 1 lbs of chicken sausage
- 1 butternut squash
- half pound of spinach
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 scoops of coconut oil
- pumpkin spice (optional)
- 13 inch pan
- pairing knife
- Peal and cut squash into half inch squares
- Add two spoonfuls of coconut oil to pan and turn on medium heat to melt
- Add onion and garlic. Cook on high heat for 5 minutes or until onions are clear.
- Turn heat back down to medium and add chunks squash to pan.
- Put lid on pan for 5 to 7 minutes or until squash starts to get soft
- Add chicken sausage. Mix and cook until meat and squash are done.
- Add spinach and cook for one minute.
You now have a delicious, healthy hash that you can heat up every morning for breakfast. For best results fry up an egg or two in coconut oil and throw that on the hash in the morning.
Sounds delicious and efficient. I’ll have to give this a try. I’ve done eggs, ground beef, and spinach in a sort of breakfast hash, but never anything with chicken sausage.
Happy to share. I don’t know where we originally got the idea, but it makes breakfast easy and delicious.
Do you mind if I share this recipe to website primal palate? I use it for meal planning.
Go for it!