Susan Lannis has been in business for over 30 years. She is a professional organizer working with highly gifted individuals to help them get their genius out to the world.
In this episode we cover:
- Finding clarity on:
- What you really want.
- How much time you want to spend on it.
- How much money you need to make.
- Three critical areas of a business that must be managed and balanced to be successful
- How to narrow down your marketing strategies
- The keys to being successful in business without burnout.
- Six things every business owner should do every quarter to stay excited
“I have this odd combination of loving being responsible and loving being lazy. The only way to reconcile these two qualities in me was to figure out the simplest, fastest, easiest way to meet the responsibility so I could have the freedom of the time.”
“Know what makes you different and keep making yourself different in as many ways as you can.”
“Happiness is purposeful effort towards a meaningful goal.”
“Nobody starts a business because they love paperwork.”
“Find a way to take time away from your business to rethink the whole thing every five to seven years.”
Links and resources mention:
- The E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- Quarterly Assessment of Success Traits
- Zack’s Live July 14th Kanban Training
Connect with Susan:
Free Training This Week!
This short Kanban training (25 mins) was created to show you how to get more control over your work and all the demands on your time. The control comes from Kanban’s unique ability to make your work visible.
The free training streams live at two times this Friday, July 14, 2017.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure.
The shownotes can be found at zacharysexton.com/24